Cycle of Spiritual Life
Main Verse: Mat. 4:19
There is a beginning, a process, and a destiny to your spiritual walk.
1. You come in from the outside into the church. (Follow)
2 . You submit to a process of training & discipleship (Make)
3. You go back outside to start the cycle again with someone else. (Fishers)
Note: The process of training does not involve personal transformation.
You don’t wait for perfection to do God’s work.
What is the one thing that will make you a spiritual success?
Going and reproducing yourself.
I. FOLLOW JESUS “follow me”
1. Following Jesus is an all out commitment (Mat 16:24-25)
2. A true salvation experience will cause you to follow (Mk 5:18-20)
3. Will cause you to tell others (Jn 4:28-30)
II. LET HIM MAKE YOU “I will make you”
1. Making of disciple involves discipline and correction (2 Tim 3:16-17)
a. Jesus rebukes Peter (Mat 16:23)
1. Enter the process of discipleship (Eph. 4:11-12)
2. People need to be taught and trained (2 Tim. 2:15; Phi. 4:9)
a. Even those who are good at the word (Act 18:24-26)
3. Importance of having spiritual leaders (Heb 13:7, 17)
III. GO AND FISH FOR MEN “fishers of men”
1. We must go plant seeds (Jn 12:24-26)
2. This is the purpose of the church (Mat. 28:19-20)
3. This is non-stop reproductive cycle (2 Tim. 2:2)
We are not a success until you go out again and reproduce yourself.
A church that doesn't win souls is a dead church.
Are we dead?