Open Your Eyes
Main Verse: Eph. 1:17-18
The eyes of your understanding must be opened today.
A Quick View of the Book of Ephesians:
Know who you are (Our Position)
Live right (Our Responsibility)
Stand against your opposing enemies. (Our Power)
The First 3 Chapters speak of Who we are.
The Last 3 Chapters speak of How we ought to behave
The Last Section speaks about how to stand against our spiritual enemies
The Starting Point is knowing Who you Are in Christ.
Chpt. 1 = Mentioned 5 times Chpt. 2 =Mentioned 3 times
Chpt. 3 = Mentioned 2 times
I. OPEN YOUR EYES
1. The truth of who you are makes you free (Jn. 8:32)
2. Your eyes must be opened and enlightened (Eph. 1:18)
3. The Disciples had their eyes closed (Lk. 24:31-32)
4. Elisha’s Servant had his eyes closed (2 Kings. 6:15-17)
II. KNOW WHO YOU ARE IN CHRIST
1. A New Creature (You are his righteousness) (2 Cor. 5:17-21)
2. You have an inheritance (Acts 26:18)
3. Satan has no more legal authority over you (Col. 1:13)
4. Only has legal authority over the unsaved (2 Cor 4:4)
III. STAND IN YOUR GOD-GIVEN AUTHORITY
1. Put on the whole armor of God (Eph 6:10-18)
2. No weapon against you will prosper (Isa. 54:17)
3. Nothing shall hurt you (Lk. 10:19)
4. You are more than a conqueror (Rom. 8:31)
5. Great is he that is in you (1 Jn. 4:4)
The Holy Spirit is the giver of light. No one man can give you a heart to perceive. It can only come from God.
Only the Spirit can open our eyes.