Main Verse: Jn 5:40
Some like to play hard to get. God doesn't play that game.
Kings rule, not beg. God only makes Himself available, you must,
move and take. Jesus never begged anyone, never offered miracles,
he said “Repent” God comes with the Word, you either take it or lose it.
God loves you but will never beg you. He won’t come to your pity party.
I. THE HUMAN WILL
1. God will never force himself on you (Gen 3:9-11)
2. No work on you without legal right (Lk 19:41-44)
3. People must choose, not be begged (Deu 30:19)
a. Joshua chose (Jos 24:15)
II. GOD’S PROMISES, ALREADY LAID OUT
a. “Come unto me” (Mat 11:28-30)
b. "Let us reason" (Isa 1:18)
c. You take the first step (Jam 4:8)
III. GOD IS NOT GOING TO BEG YOU
CANAANITE WOMAN (Mat 15:21-28)
1. He will ignore you (Mat 15:23)
2. He will try to discourage you (Mat 15:24)
3. He will humiliate you (Mat 15:26)
4. If you pass the test, your faith is real (Mat 15:28)
PRODIGAL SON (Lk. 15:11-24)
1. Came to himself. None begged (Lk 15:17-20)
2. The Father didn't go after him. He waited (Lk 15:20)
IV. JESUS WAS NOT A BEGGAR
1. Never intrudes, waits for invitation (Jn 1:12)
2. His conditions were hard (Jn. 6:66-68)
V. PEOPLE CAME TO HIM, HE DIDN'T GO TO THEM
COME AND GET IT!
a. Leper (Mat 8:2)
b. Centurion (Mat. 8:5)
c. Many possessed (Mat. 8:16)
d. Those with palsy (Mat. 9:2)
e. Jairus (Mat. 9:18)
f. Woman with issue ( Mat. 9:20)
g. Two blind men ( Mat. 9:27-28)
God wants our will so he can have legal access.
You need to go to God, He’s not going to come to you.