Main Verse: Phil. 3:13-14
Category: Christian Walk
Everyone should have goals. What is yours?
Christ likeness should be our goal.
We are dead to the world, Our affections should be set on heavenly things.
Must strive against the flesh to remain in heavenly atmosphere.
I. FORGETTING THE PAST
1. God forgave you –forgive yourself (Psa. 103:12; Isa. 43:25)
2. Do not self-condemn yourself (1 Jn. 3:21)
3. God can make you forget your hurtful past (Gen. 41:51)
II. REACHING TO WHAT’S AHEAD
1. The plans God has in store for you (Jer 29:11-13)
2. God's reward (Mk. 10:29-30)
III. PRESSING TOWARD THE MARK
1. Striving against self (Lk. 13:24)
2. Striving for discipline (1 Cor. 9:24-25)
3. Striving against sin (Heb. 12:1-4)
4. Striving together for the faith (Phil. 1:27)
Must be strong and press forward, despite tribulations & disappointments. Jesus said “Strive to enter in at the strait gate”.